Have you ever been in a situation where it takes you two aspirin to chase away that annoying headache, while your friend, sibling, or coworker only needs one? That is a common occurrence with over-the-counter medication. We are all different, and our bodies respond in a unique way to various substances we ingest.
Now, while it’s crucial that you follow the instructions of a doctor with prescription medication, alternative medicinal products leave room for error. It’s essential that you listen to your body. Everyone has a different endocannabinoid system. Therefore, you have to find the right dosage that works for you.
Listen To Your Body
What’s more, the correct dosage, or the sweet spot, as some call it, depends on your needs as well. You need to dose the intake of CBD based on the desired effects. So it’s not uncommon that CBD oil users experiment with dosages. After all, that’s the one sure way to figure out what dose is ideal for their current needs.
Less Is More
When starting with CBD oil, it’s a good thing to stick to the old saying — less is more. Start small and work your way up, if necessary. That way, you’re less likely to experience negative side effects, such as headaches, due to high doses. Moreover, this approach gives you an opportunity to build a tolerance to CBD slowly. If you start with high dosages, you’ll end up developing a tolerance rather quickly, and you’ll need to take larger dosages to achieve the same effects. What’s more, it’s also much more affordable, as you’ll spend less money on oil, and one bottle will last you much longer. Finally, starting small is crucial for avoiding overstimulation of the cannabinoid receptors.
CBD Microdosing – A Sure Way To Find Your Sweet Spot
As Dr. Dustin Sulak explained in his highly informative article in the Rolling Stone magazine, CBD micro-dosing is one of the most effective methods of finding your sweet spot. All you have to do is fix a tight schedule of taking small doses of CBD.
Dr. Sulak describes three steps of CBD micro-dosing:
- The first step is to take one drop of CBD oil sublingually. However, this step also includes a series of questions that will help you evaluate your state before and after consumption of CBD. Therefore, ask yourself and assess the state of your breathing, body, and face muscles in the following way:
- Am I breathing easily or with some difficulty?
- Does my body feel comfortable, calm, and relaxed?
- Is it easy to smile genuinely, and does my mind feel relaxed and content?
Mark your answers on a scale of 1 to 10. After consuming CBD oil and waiting around 45 minutes, ask yourself the same questions again, and evaluate your responses with the same 1 to 10 scale. Lastly, compare the results. The dosage is too small if your results haven’t changed.
- Each time you follow the first step and feel no change in the results, increase the dosage by one drop. When you feel a definite difference in the before and after scores, that means you have found the minimal effective dosage.
- Continue raising the dosage by minimal amounts until you no longer see any benefit (or a change in scores) from higher dosages. Once that happens, you will know that you’ve reached the highest end of your therapeutic range. After that, you can continue to take the minimum dosage. However, the process is not over, as you have to find out which time of consumption works best for you.
A Word To The Wise – Essential Details About Dosing
CBD oil products are different when it comes
to potency. Therefore, it’s important to pay attention to how many milligrams
of CBD a particular product has. It will take you more time to find your sweet
spot with products that contain smaller amounts of CBD.
If you’re interested in trying CBD micro-dosing, but have been previously using CBD, take a break. Wait a couple of days, without using CBD oil and then try out the 3-step system described above.
However, if you are a beginner, here are a few tips for you:
- Don’t expect immediate results. CBD micro-dosing is a process. It will take a few weeks until you find your sweet spot. Don’t get discouraged.
- Taking CBD is a learning process. Therefore, don’t stop experimenting and learning from both your and the experience of others.
- Don’t forget to shake your bottle before each use.
Take the oil sublingually and wait at least half a minute to a minute before swallowing. That way, the oil will get absorbed into the bloodstream.